How to start a shoe business
So, you’ve been thinking about creating a line of shoes for a while, but you feel daunted. You don’t know where to begin, and until now, you haven’t been able to find anyone to advise you on how to start a shoe business.
I understand your struggles, and I’m here to help.
Let’s first explore what’s driving you to want to start a shoe business.
– Are you struggling to find shoe brands to buy from who share your values?
– Do you feel there isn’t enough choice in your shoe size?
– Is there a niche you’re keen to explore based on conversations with your friends or family?
Examining the reasons for this burning desire to make your mark on the shoe industry, will bring you closer to setting out the values of your own shoe business.
When you’re thinking about how to start a shoe company, you need to get clear on the most important rule :
Your brand = Your customers
Without customers (or at least followers) your brand means nothing.
I know this sounds harsh, but look at it this way: your shoes are essentially a service or solution for a particular group of people. If you don’t know who those people are and what makes their hearts beat faster; you are making shoes destined to remain without wearers.
When you know why you are starting a shoe brand, who your customers will be, and what motivates them; you can think about the way in which your shoes will transform their lives.
Consider the following questions:
– Will your shoes boost your customers’ confidence?
– Do your designs offer a combination of practicality and beauty which has never existed before?
– Are your products no-brainer purchases for your customers, hitting the sweet spot of price x value x quality x style?
How to start a shoe business – next steps
Design, development, sourcing, branding, sales and marketing decisions become much easier when you have answers to:
– Why you’re starting a shoe brand
– Who your customers are
– How your shoes will change your customers’ lives
There are many more important steps to take when you’re starting your own shoe business. Want an easy method to follow? My How to Start a Shoe Brand online course is a comprehensive guide designed specifically for shoe entrepreneurs like you. It includes guidance for each step you will need to take as a founder, templates, and videos of experts including shoe brand founders giving you real life context along the way.
Still have questions? Please send me a note.